Boosting quality and click-through-rate just got easier for publishers using DAM
Optimizing the images you publish can increase audience engagement, click-through rate, and overall product quality. But image optimization can be time-consuming and technical. So how can you improve the quality of the images without adding days to your production schedule? Will it really deliver ROI? And how does it work with DAM?
At WoodWing, we’re understandably a little bit obsessed with publishers’ images. After all, our Digital Asset Management system is designed to make managing and using them easier. So here’s our take on the benefits of image optimization for publishers. (Plus, great news for those of you considering WoodWing Assets…)
What is image optimization?
When we say image optimization, we’re not talking about the now frowned-upon practice of heavily Photoshopping images. (We’re all aware of the negative social impact associated with making models look thinner and biceps more bulging.)
We’re simply talking about editing image files to make them more suitable - or more attractive - for a particular purpose. For example:
- enhancing the hue or saturation of an image to bring out features and natural tones
- correcting poor lighting by optimizing image brightness and reducing shadow
- applying a standardized brand treatment, so imagery has a consistent look and feel
- removing the background from an image to create a cut-out for an editorial layout
- creating different crops and aspect ratios for a variety of digital and print uses
- optimizing the format, resolution, and color profile for images used online
Image optimization is about bringing out the best of your visual assets - and serving up the correct formats - to enhance your users’ experience. This, in turn, improves your overall product and brand.