The integration between Elvis and Enterprise just keeps getting better. Customers can now easily add an Elvis asset in Enterprise, which automatically creates a variant in Elvis.
Why is this important?
Previously, when working on an image from Elvis in Enterprise it would change the original image. Not a problem for some, however, if you would like to preserve the original image there would be additional copying, pasting, duplicating and saving. Additionally, you could not directly use an image when it is stored in your read-only archive.
Now it is quick and easy
Simply drag and drop the original image you would like to work on into Enterprise. A variant is automatically created in Elvis, which can then be edited from Enterprise. The original image is not affected, but preserved, and is available to be re-used again on another occasion.
View this video demonstration to see how images can be reused from the archive:
There are many benefits to this new process including:
- Future articles can either reuse the original or the variant, as they are independent from each another
- Tracking how and where images are used is much easier because of the newly introduced “Used in Enterprise” panel in Elvis.
- The ability to reuse an image from your archive is much quicker
- Duplication of images is controlled because variants are automatically linked
- Collaboration between production and design teams becomes much more efficient
The diagram shows how variants of the original image (A) are created and how they are displayed in Elvis:
To find out more about using Enterprise and the Elvis DAM systems to streamline workflow, please contact the WoodWing software solutions team.