“Elvis DAM has rescued us – before the most important motorcycle show in Europe, the system has ensured the embargo on press images of the new models. Using the old system we would never have made it, Elvis has rescued us.”
You are here
Founded in 1968, Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. (YME) is the regional headquarters of the Yamaha Motor Company in Europe. YME is responsible for coordinating the marketing and sales activities of Yamaha Motor products in the European marketplace. The management of images for the different European countries is a demanding job – YME has chosen WoodWing´s digital asset management solution Elvis DAM to address the challenge.
Download this customer case study
Yamaha Motor Europe leverages WoodWing´s digital asset management solution Elvis DAM to optimize management, control and sharing of images across Europe.
- The legacy DAM system was not able to meet increasing demands
- Metadata workflow and asset handling was cumbersome
- Very resource-efficient and easy-to-use system
- Enables easy sharing with external partners
- Helps to reduce time to market significantly
- Enables the team to securely control distribution of text and images
WoodWing solutions used
- WoodWing Elvis DAM
The customer at a glance
- YME markets motorcycles and scooters, marine outboard engines, water vehicles, 4-wheel all terrain vehicles (ATVs), golf carts, snowmobiles and generators in Europe.
- YME is responsible for the visibility of Yamaha in Europe and provides marketing support for 3,000 distributors and dealers in 26 countries.
- The wide product range and the country-specific differences in the vehicles lead to a very large number of images that must be managed with caution to avoid incorrect usage.
- YME works with dedicated partners, including a creative agency and a pool of photographers.
- Yamaha already used a proprietary DAM – its primary purpose was to share assets with creative agencies involved in the localization of brochures and other documents in more than 20 languages.
- The system was not user-friendly, metadata was very dedicated and got lost in the final file.
- The system was not sophisticated enough to meet the increasing demands. The company urgently needed an easy-to-use system to collect, find and share images.
- The most important aspect was the efficient and safe management and quick retrieval of images.
- Product colors and specifications can differ from country to country. The system should guarantee accurate management of country-specific images.
- The system needs to ensure 24/7 availability of press materials for PR agencies in Europe.
- The DAM should help distributors with the creation of brochures and Web sites.
- Studio-Online, a Haarlem-based image editing and layout agency working for YME, recommended Elvis DAM as a future-proof replacement of the legacy system.
- The team at YME was impressed by the feature set and the ease of use of the system.
Elvis DAM enables Yamaha Motor Europe to safely manage the vast number of country-specific images.
" The implementation of WoodWing Elvis DAM at Yamaha Motor Europe proves, how international companies can optimize their marketing and time-to-market with digital asset management. ”
Ronald Leusink, Commercial Director at Graphit
- The implementation was executed by WoodWing´s partner Graphit and took only three months turnaround time.
- The system is very resource-efficient and runs entirely on multiple Mac Minis as servers.
- The system is so easy to use that even users without any experience can start using it immediately with minimal training efforts.
- The internal team uses the desktop client. External partners, including agencies and photographers, access the system via its Web client.
- Elvis DAM is integrated with the Web CMS SDL Tridion.
- Elvis DAM is also integrated with a localization platform and a press kit site at the PR agency.
Results – Elvis DAM successfully passed the ultimate test
- Just a month after the launch of Elvis DAM at YME, the EICMA – the world's most important trade fair for two-wheel vehicles – took place in Milan.
- The embargo for the images of the brand new models was until Monday, 9pm. Until just one hour before that, pictures were coming in from photographers.
- Thanks to the comprehensive metadata options and the efficiency of Elvis DAM, the team was able to provide all images across Europe exactly at the specified time. Pim Boesveld: "Using the old system we would never have made it, Elvis has rescued us.”
For more than 25 years, Graphit (located in Krommenie, The Netherlands) has been a leading Dutch IT company in the field of publishing and communication workflows, specializing in implementing standard and customized solutions and training people. Graphit offers a wide range of software solutions and has an expert team of consultants, system engineers and teachers. The unique combination of industry-specific expertise, efficient implementation, excellent support locally or remotely, and a wide product range makes Graphit the ideal partner for brandowners and publishers of any kind and size. More information can be found at www.graphit.nl.
Get in touch to learn more about how elvis digital asset management can help you improve sharing with internal and external stakeholders, and reduce time to market significantly.