Elvis DAM has the most modern technology stack in the DAM landscape. Elasticsearch and clustering ensure almost infinite scalability for any scenario, including the most demanding ones.
Elvis DAM can run on-premise on any server OS. It can also be deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a private cloud solution (PaaS). The Elvis Web client works on all major browsers.
Whether it’s for pulling information from Elvis or pushing assets to other systems, the Elvis APIs enable any kind of 3rd-party system integration, like CMS, MDM, PIM, E-commerce and more. Client plug-ins allow for the creation of custom functionality in the Web UI, directly working in the context of asset selections.
General Architecture Elvis DAM
Caters for small teams to large organizations
Elvis DAM is built to scale with your organization. You could be a small brand marketing team with the need to share marketing assets. Or you’re a publisher with large volumes of incoming images, and many teams creating layouts and producing images. Or your volume of assets could be huge: 50 million assets that you need to archive, manage and distribute.
These different scenarios can result in specific needs
- Powerful search, with quick and relevant search results.
- The ability to quickly preview a wide variety of file formats.
- Adaptable storage capacity and performance.
The Elvis DAM architecture has been designed to cater for all these needs. It allows you to individually scale search performance, processing power and storage capacity.
You may choose a single server setup, which is already powerful enough for a brand marketing department or small publisher. It can be set up quickly and is easy to maintain. When your company’s needs are much more demanding or ever-growing, Elvis DAM can be clustered.
How Elvis DAM scalability works
- Powered by ElasticSearch, which is the most powerful search engine in the market and is used by well-known companies such as Wikipedia and Netflix. You can increase search performance and availability, by adding multiple search nodes in your Elvis cluster.
- When files are imported in Elvis, thumbnails and previews are generated. You can distribute the preview generation load over multiple processing nodes when you import a large amount of digital assets on a daily basis.
- When requirements change, you can simply add or remove search and processing nodes.
- There are no large upfront hardware investments when Elvis DAM nodes are deployed in AWS - start small and grow bigger when needed.
- Use different types of storage with Elvis DAM. Either choose local machine storage for a simple setup, SAN or NAS solutions for fast access, or unlimited and scalable cloud storage. Amazon S3 is supported.
- A cluster of Elvis DAM application servers also safeguards the availability of the system. When one server fails, other servers in the cluster can take over its job.
Runs on your system of preference
Elvis On-Premise runs on any popular server OS in the market, which means you have no dependency on the platform. Your Elvis server(s) can also be deployed in AWS to create a Private Cloud (PaaS) setup.
- Supported server operating systems: Cent OS, Windows, OSX, AWS Linux.
- HTML5 Web clients.
- Integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Available languages include English, Chinese (traditional & simplified), Dutch, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish.
APIs for custom integrations
By using the Elvis REST API, developers can easily retrieve any kind of data from Elvis DAM. All Elvis DAM features can be approached via the API. This allows you to build integrations such as:
- A Web CMS accessing Elvis assets to publish on your website.
- A PIM system retrieving product shots to store alongside product information.
- An E-commerce site that pulls the latest and accurate product shots from Elvis.
- An editorial system that can search for editorial content in your DAM.
- From within an online editing tool, search and use the right assets in your design.
Features of the REST API include
- Search assets, including metadata, original files and previews.
- Manage assets, including upload, update, delete, copy and move.
- Manage folders and collections.
- Manage share links.
Elvis also features a Webhooks API, which enables real-time event-driven integrations. It gives you more control and additional integration capabilities including
- Real-time enrichment of metadata by integrating an AI service like Clarifai or Google.
- User notifications when a file has been changed or added, for example via email or Slack.
- Live sync of Elvis with another system, for example to push the latest product shots to a PIM.
The webhooks API acts on triggers such as
- File events: upload, metadata changes, check-in, delete, etc.
- Folder events: create, copy, move.
- Share link events: create, delete.
Full a full overview and description of all Elvis DAM API capabilities, visit our Help Center.
Tailor the User Interface (UI)
The Elvis Web client supports client plug-ins, in which custom functionality can be built for the Elvis User Interface. The plugin will work within the context of one or more selected assets in the UI.
Examples of custom functionality that can be built with a plug-in
- Show data from an external system for selected assets, e.g. product information from a Product Information System (PIM).
- Perform a specific action on selected assets, e.g. export assets to an editorial system or E-commerce platform.
- Search for related assets in 3rd-party sources and add them to Elvis.
To learn more about the possibilities offered by plug-ins, visit our Help Center