WoodWing Assets has the most modern technology stack in the DAM landscape. Elasticsearch and clustering ensure almost infinite scalability for any scenario, including the most demanding ones.
WoodWing Assets can be deployed directly from WoodWing as a SaaS solution in the cloud, as a private cloud, hosted by a partner or it can run on-premise.
Whether it’s for pulling information from WoodWing Assets or pushing assets to other systems, the WoodWing Assets APIs enable any kind of 3rd-party system integration, like CMS, MDM, PIM, E-commerce and more. Client plug-ins allow for the creation of custom functionality in the Web UI, directly working in the context of asset selections.
On-premise Architecture WoodWing Assets
Caters for small teams to large organizations
WoodWing Assets is built to scale with your organization. You could be a small brand marketing team with the need to share marketing assets. Or you’re a publisher with large volumes of incoming images, and many teams creating layouts and producing images. Or your volume of assets could be huge: 50 million assets that you need to archive, manage and distribute.
These different scenarios can result in specific needs
- Powerful search, with quick and relevant search results.
- The ability to quickly preview a wide variety of file formats.
- Adaptable storage capacity and performance.
The WoodWing Assets architecture has been designed to cater for all these needs. It allows you to individually scale search performance, processing power and storage capacity.
You may choose a single server setup, which is already powerful enough for a brand marketing department or small publisher. It can be set up quickly and is easy to maintain. When your company’s needs are much more demanding or ever-growing, WoodWing Assets can be clustered.
How WoodWing Assets scalability works
- Powered by ElasticSearch, which is the most powerful search engine in the market and is used by well-known companies such as Wikipedia and Netflix. You can increase search performance and availability, by adding multiple search nodes in your WoodWing Assets cluster.
- When files are imported in WoodWing Assets, thumbnails and previews are generated. You can distribute the preview generation load over multiple processing nodes when you import a large amount of digital assets on a daily basis.
- When requirements change, you can simply add or remove search and processing nodes.
- There are no large upfront hardware investments when WoodWing Assets nodes are deployed in AWS - start small and grow bigger when needed.
- Use different types of storage with WoodWing Assets. Either choose local machine storage for a simple setup, SAN or NAS solutions for fast access, or unlimited and scalable cloud storage. Amazon S3 is supported.
- A cluster of WoodWing Assets application servers also safeguards the availability of the system. When one server fails, other servers in the cluster can take over its job.
Runs on your system of preference
WoodWing Assets lets you choose the best deployment option for your business. It is available as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, in a private cloud setup (hosted by a partner) or as a traditional on-premise solution.
- Supported server operating systems: Cent OS, Windows, OSX, AWS Linux.
- HTML5 Web clients.
- Integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Available languages include English, Chinese (traditional & simplified), Dutch, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish.
APIs for custom integrations
By using the WoodWing Assets REST API, developers can easily retrieve any kind of data from WoodWing Assets. All WoodWing Assets features can be approached via the API. This allows you to build integrations such as:
- A Web CMS accessing the DAM's assets to publish on your website.
- A PIM system retrieving product shots to store alongside product information.
- An E-commerce site that pulls the latest and accurate product shots from WoodWing Assets.
- An editorial system that can search for editorial content in your DAM.
- From within an online editing tool, search and use the right assets in your design.
Features of the REST API include
- Search assets, including metadata, original files and previews.
- Manage assets, including upload, update, delete, copy and move.
- Manage folders and collections.
- Manage share links.
WoodWing Assets also features a Webhooks API, which enables real-time event-driven integrations. It gives you more control and additional integration capabilities including
- Real-time enrichment of metadata by integrating an AI service like Clarifai or Google.
- User notifications when a file has been changed or added, for example via email or Slack.
- Live sync of WoodWing Assets with another system, for example to push the latest product shots to a PIM.
- Multichannel content production and syndication with solutions like WoodWing Studio. Read how it can benefit you here.
The webhooks API acts on triggers such as
- File events: upload, metadata changes, check-in, delete, etc.
- Folder events: create, copy, move.
- Share link events: create, delete.
Full a full overview and description of all WoodWing Assets API capabilities, visit our Help Center.
Tailor the User Interface (UI)
The WoodWing Assets Web client supports client plug-ins, in which custom functionality can be built for the WoodWing Assets User Interface. The plugin will work within the context of one or more selected assets in the UI.
Examples of custom functionality that can be built with a plug-in
- Show data from an external system for selected assets, e.g. product information from a Product Information System (PIM).
- Perform a specific action on selected assets, e.g. export assets to an editorial system or E-commerce platform.
- Search for related assets in 3rd-party sources and add them to WoodWing Assets.
To learn more about the possibilities offered by plug-ins, visit our Help Center