6 Minutes of reading
Success Story - Flagship
How a small publisher secured its sustainable growth
- High degree of collaboration and sharing of resources across locations.
- Administration and double work minimized.
- Attractive pricing (license and subscription model).
Got any questions?
About the customer
Flagship Publishing, founded in 2005, is a family-owned publishing company based in Norfolk (Nebraska, U.S.), offers high-quality, place-centric editorial content and products via print and online as well as for tablets. In May 2012, the company opened an office in Colorado to publish Colorado Life Magazine. Today, Nebraska Life has a circulation of 45,000. Colorado Life reached a circulation of 30,000. Through creativity, efficient collaboration and consistent effort, the team creates and delivers additional reader-attractive content, including a variety of travel guides. The business goal of the publisher is to be a profitable and family-friendly workplace that encourages personal and professional growth.
Initially we thought, WoodWing addresses only big publishers. But the system enabled us to streamline our processes and to grow to what we are today.
Chris Amundson, Publisher at Flagship Publishing
The existing workflow was costly and cumbersome – the team produced Nebraska Life in Adobe InDesign in a manual workflow. One employee was busy just managing the workflow, including the creation, editing and correction processes. Planning a new title, the publisher needed to find a system enabling cost and labor efficien production.
Planning the launch of Colorado Life, the publisher discovered that the production of the new title with a dedicated team was not feasible in an economical manner. The team was looking for a technology platform enabling the company to streamline the editorial and production process. The system should enable a transparent workflow across titles and locations. In addition to WoodWing Studio, the company evaluated another renowned publishing system, which proved to be too complex and cumbersome.
The installation of WoodWing Studio at Flagship Publishing shows that even small publishing houses can benefit from an efficient workflow system to set the stage for growth.
President of Sales at WoodWing's solution partner
Implementation / Integration
The system was implemented by one of WoodWing´s partners in the U.S. From within Studio, the team generates the PDFs for the creation of tablet editions of both titles via Gtxcel.
Results & benefits
- Studio has proven to be an important asset for the sustainable growth of the small publishing house.
- Thanks to Studio, the team can produce its two successful titles in a highly profitable manner.
- The editorial management application of Studio allows the team to execute the page planning directly in the system.
- The attractive pricing and the feature set of Studio enabled the publisher to launch the new title in a cost-efficient way, leveraging existing resources.
- Administration and training efforts to manage both titles and locations were minimized.
- High production flexibility by sharing staff and expertise across the titles and locations.
Discuss your challenges with one of our experts
Looking for a game-changing solution? Reach out to our sales team today and unlock your potential!
"Among the most appreciated features are the storage space, the simplicity, and the ease with which it can be linked to our custom PIM"
Valentina BonviniMarketing Communication Manager
We help you to take charge of your content with our world-class content and information management solutions.