DAM technology, when used well, allows you to:
- centralize and organize scattered digital assets
- efficiently create, retrieve, share and distribute digital content
- ensure a consistent brand experience
- easily go about rights management and compliance
So, if modern DAM tools have all these advantages in store for us, why are so many companies still holding back? Maybe simply because it’s ‘new’ (although it's not)? Because it might require a different way of going about our day-to-day work? Or maybe it’s just a hype that will blow over soon?
Don’t deprive yourself any longer, let us demystify the DAM concept and give you several easy steps to kickstart or, if you already started, boost your DAM journey!
Digital content collaboration with the power of DAM
We can use all kinds of scientific and complex descriptions to explain the meaning of DAM, or what a DAM does. But if you are looking for inside and in-depth information on digital asset management, it's a great idea to start with our DAM onboarding guide. You'll find out that a DAM is not just an efficient tool for digital asset management, but also offers great features for content collaboration!
There are many software solutions out there that are able to do a part, or even parts, of what a DAM solution does, but none of them really comes close to being a full package, like DAM software. In a recent DAM webinar, Mastering Digital Content, we shared the qualities that make a DAM solution unique.
A unique solution, great! But how can you derive maximum ROI from a DAM solution?
The secret to unlocking a DAM solution's power and value
Anyone running a business wants to see a return on investments made. Preferably upfront. However, no matter how innovative a system or tool may be, it won’t produce any outcome or value for your business by itself. The same goes for a DAM solution.
It all comes down to having a plan. Consider how you want (access to) your assets to be organized, what processes you are trying to run through the DAM solution, and what your strategy is to get maximum value from your DAM solution. When implemented and used in the right way, a DAM solution can positively change the behavior of those working and collaborating with it, empowering them to use it to create value for your business.
The way a DAM solution is used, determines if its unique qualities and capabilities can flourish. And along with it, your company.
How WoodWing Swivle boosts digital content collaboration
WoodWing Swivle is a cloud-based DAM solution that enables users to store, access, and share assets anywhere, anytime. User feedback indicates Swivle has a great, very intuitive user interface, offers a variety of sharing options, and allows for a very precise and detailed permissions setup. On top of that, Swivle can easily be integrated with other applications and tools using the available APIs.
WoodWing Swivle's most eye-catching features are specifically focused on collaboration – within teams, but also with external stakeholders (clients, partners). Since DAM solutions are typically tools that have a high number of users, these collaborative features are as useful as they are necessary to accommodate users' expectations.
These Swivle features are particularly interesting from a content collaboration point of view:
- Share links: easily share links to files and folders in Swivle with anyone who needs access, for example for approval or feedback purposes
- Brand portal: a customized and simplified version of Swivle that can be used to showcase files or projects with clients or partners
- InDesign plugin: this feature enables you to collaboratively (with all your team members, if so desired) work on an InDesign file without leaving Swivle, with Swivle automatically creating file versions and backups every time you finish working on a file
Ready to take the next step in your DAM journey?
Depending on the status of your decision-making process, one or more of the next options below might be relevant for you:
- Watch online demo: How WoodWing Swivle helps fictional company Vintage Vixen create a new campaign (in the shape of a 'lookbook') for their summer/spring 2024 collection.
- Want to experience the power of a DAM solution yourself? Then go for the 14 day free trial of WoodWing Swivle