We are WoodWing
Every day, publishers and brands around the world work with WoodWing products to publish magazines, newspapers, blogs and more, online, in-app, and in print. We offer the chance to build the future of content creation, in an organization with little hierarchy and lots of flexibility.
"I told my managers what I was interested in, and they gave me a blank piece of paper and said, come up with a plan."
"I love solving puzzles, and at WoodWing I get the chance to do that basically every day."
"What motivates me every day is that we build really cool products, and they are used all over the world."
Cloud Systems Engineer (Location: Malaysia)
Where you’ll work
Every day, publishers and brands around the world work with WoodWing products to create magazines, newspapers, and other content, online, in-app, and in print. At WoodWing, you will help build the future of content production, in an organization with little hierarchy and lots of freedom to develop your own skills.
About your role
The managed/hosted services business at WoodWing is a critical part of our success, and we are looking for an engineer to provide cloud infrastructure management support to our customers, from our office in Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia. Our clients’ success is our number one priority. You will help ensure a continuity of service for our existing customers and participate as an engineering expert during the implementation of new hosted environments and the deployment of software on those environments.
The most important criteria for joining the team that manages our services are:
- Firm grasp of how AWS hosting, cloud environments, server management, and software deployments work
- Client-facing experience
- Written and verbal skills; excellent communication manner
- Knowledge of the WoodWing application suite is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign/InCopy is a plus
We’re very interested in individuals who have a track record of finding creative solutions to complex problems and who will thrive in challenging situations. Depending on experience, we are willing to train the right candidate.
For existing clients:
- Collaborate with the support and development team when issues or enhancement requests are escalated on behalf of our customers.
- Participate in an after-hours operational support on-call rotation for critical issues.
- Perform server-side application management including upgrades, updates, patches, and smoke testing.
- Execute system management changes, updates to configuration files.
- Take ownership of hosting or server-side issues; research, diagnose, troubleshoot, identify, and document solutions.
- Monitor system performance and costs.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback
- Ensure proper recording and closure or escalation of all issues
For new implementations:
- Gather requirements, determine resources needed for deployment
- Estimate level of effort and create high-level project plan
- Deploy, configure and test system
- Data migration
- Proven track record in standing up and supporting cloud environments, AWS, server management
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent preferred, depending on professional experience.
- Strong problem-solver
- Experience with Jira Service Desk and PagerDuty or similar tools
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized and self-motivated, able to work in a remote environment with minimal supervision
- AWS experience (ie. Cloud Formation, Elastic Container Service, etc.)
- Shell scripting
Nice to have:
- AWS SysOps Administrator certification
- Networking experience
- Mac OS X
- GIT/Source management
Our culture and values
Our team is made up of more than 20 nationalities, across offices in the Netherlands, Malaysia, and the US. While we have a mix of people, we have a common goal: to build the future of content production for the world’s leading publishers and brands.
WoodWing is an organization with a history of innovation. Nearly two decades ago, we helped popularize Adobe InDesign with our first plugin. In 2010 we were the first software provider to make it possible to publish on the iPad. And in 2019 we became the preferred partner of Apple for publishing to Apple News+.
Our culture is built around six values - Exploration, Collaboration, Leadership, Fun, Pride and People at Heart. Our values to bring culture to life in our day-to-day behavior. They are carefully selected based on what we have developed over our years as a company, and what we consider important to reach our vision.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the link below. We look forward to meeting you! For additional information, please contact our HR department at email@example.com.
- This is a direct hire, agencies are not welcome.
Our company values
Our company values help us build an innovative, collaborative atmosphere, and have a little fun while we work.